Tag: New York
Greg in NY
Was in New York this week, had a great steak at the Capital Grille and stayed at the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Terminal.
The Hyatt’s hotel room desk chair was a B-.
The chair had great lumbar support (my primary measurement of a desk chair), arms and 4-spoke wheels. Premium webbing on the chair back is always a plus.
Drawbacks included no height adjustment, no arm adjustment and these ugly rub marks where the chair has scraped on the desk over the years.
And a quick TP report for my pal Ed. I call this the “tuck and roll.”
But here’s the craziest, most backwards way to receive a hotel fax I’ve ever encountered:
- I got a voicemail in my hotel room informing me I had a text message.
- In order to retrieve this message, I needed to call the operator.
- I called the operator and nobody answered.
- Upon my automated checkout at the lobby kiosk, the system again informed me I had a text message and printed out this slip of paper.
- The paper told me that I had a fax and to get it at the front lobby desk.
- At the lobby desk, they called the business center to inquire about my fax.
- I was told to walk up two floors to the business center to retrieve my fax.