Archives For Speaking Engagements
I’m speaking on a panel at the Minnesota Blogger Conference on October 12 with some super smart interactive experts…
Registration for the 2013 MN Blogger Conference will begin this Thursday, Sept. 12, at 9 a.m., with two more rounds of tickets to be released on Monday, Sept. 16 and Wed., Sept. 18.
I’m quoted in this piece from PR News promoting my presentation next Tuesday:
Knowing how and when to unplug will be one of the key skills for communication leaders in the coming years, says Greg Swan, senior VP of digital & interactive for Weber Shandwick. “Mastering the balance of plugged in and unplugging will help us all succeed in 2014. Our brains need time to rest, and our ADD, always-on culture won’t allow it. We have to ask ourselves, what kind of role model are we setting for our employees and clients?”
Swan, who will be speaking at PR News’ Aug. 6 Next Practices PR Conference, offers five tips to help you become a master at plug-pulling:
1. Establish clear physical and mental boundaries between work and private life.
2. Give yourself (and your team) permission to be offline on evenings and weekends.
3. Set an out-of-office reply email that encourages recipients to call if it’s important.
4. Don’t go overboard. Develop systems to stay abreast of news without 24/7 monitoring.
5. Take regular, unplugged breaks or vacations with no apologies.