The innovation team I co-lead at Weber Shandwick has been leaning forward into advancements in wearable technology, building sandbox experiences, and helping put these emerging trends into context for our clients and colleagues.
Today marked the public debut of one of those sandbox projects, with the launch of wpForGlass, a WordPress plugin that allows Google Glass Explorers to publish to WordPress-powered content portals (20% of the web runs on WordPress).
Here’s some of the coverage this news earned today:
- Mashable: Eye Publishing: Google Glass Gets WordPress Plugin
- Engadget: Google Glass gets unofficial WordPress support
- Pioneer Press: A WordPress plugin converts Glass into a blogging tool
- High Talk: Blogging with Google Glass
- PR Week: Weber debuts Google Glass plug-in for WordPress
You can find out more about this project on our Labs site:
- My post: Rethinking Real-Time in the Age of Glass
- How it works, starring the talented Ozzy Farman: How wpForGlass Works
- And you can get the code here: Installation
We’ve got more projects in the works, too! An exciting time for technology + communications + content.
Also, it’s an exciting time to work at Weber Shandwick, and we try to have fun experiment, too. And take selfies. Lots of selfies.